Support is in English, central time zone, Monday through Friday, 9:00A.M. - 5:00P.M., excluding national or statutory holidays of USA.
For the details about each plan, please contact sales@AdvancedPlatformDesign.com.
1. Self support, free and unattened, for customers interested in our standard products:
This includes a range of unattended on-line services featuring:
- latest software fixes
- tech-notes for resolved issues
- data sheets
- white papers
2. Basic support, free, for customers to get up to speed with our standard products:
This one-year free basic support covers needs relating to hardware warranty or software, start-up problems and any peripherals or material provided with the standard product. In the case where the product is needed to be shipped back to our lab for service, customer is responsible for the shipping freight. Serviced through telephone (voice) or Web mail, the basic support includes the following:
- U-boot re-installation
- kernel re-installation
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS re-installation
- Pre-installed package re-installation
- Hardware warranty
3. Maintenance support, hourly rate/package or annual subscription with predefined maximum support hours, for customers that need maintenance with our standard products:
This provides services for those customers that need to maintain and update the supported open source software on the standard products. Included is support for upgrading U-boot through TFTP server, upgrading ubuntu, and upgrading LAMP software associated with the ubuntu distribution. This support may be directly by Advanced Platform Design or by an affiliate. This service may include limited training for either our standard products or third-party products. Serviced through telephone (voice) or Web mail. All phone support will be scheduled in advance.
Maintenance support includes all services form the basic support. It also includes
- Ubuntu update when released by the community
- kernel update when released by the community
- U-boot update when required by the new kernel release
- LAMP update when released by the community
4. Extended support, cost quoted per requirement, for customers that need to add their external hardware peripherals or software on the standard products:
Extended support will also, on request, provide interface schematics in PDF and DSN (Orcad database) and mechanical drawings, all modifications and patches, test code source and Abatron BDI2000 script (if applicable). This support may be directly by either Advanced Platform Design or by an affiliate.
5. Full service, cost quoted per requirement, for customers that need a custom version of our product:
An engineer will be assigned to work with the customer for full customization of both product hardware and software. This could include full training for product hardware, software, or integrated development environment by either Advanced Platform Design or its affiliate.
6. Custom service, cost quoted per requirement, for customers that need engineering resource for custom work on either external hardware peripheral or custom application software on the standard products:
A project manager will be assigned to work with the customer for full requirement specification of both product hardware and software. This also includes full design, implementation, on-site assistance and knowledge transfers of the desired work. Custom application support ranges from custom application installation, configuration, porting, adding extension, and servicing for the listed potential open source applications. This support may be directly by either Advanced Platform Design or by an affiliate.